The WISH Centre (WISH) is a charity supporting young people into recovery from self harm, violence, abuse and neglect. We do this through providing a safe and confidential place with medium and longterm therapy at our Centre and in schools; text and online support for service users; self harm peer support groups; advice and help for keeping safe; campaigning and innovative & creative workshops for teenagers, and much more. WISH is run by psychotherapists and young people in recovery from self harm who are ex-service users. Every year 90% young people coming to WISH stop self harming and improve their emotional well being and personal safety.
More about WISH:
• Recommended as a Model of Best Practice by the National Inquiry into Self Harm 2006
• Registered charity (no. 1125263) and company limited by guarantee
• Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
• All practitioners are fully qualified and DBS checked.
• All services are completely confidential (we work within BACP guidelines to maintain appropriate confidentiality)
The WISH Centre operates in London Borough Harrow (NW London), London Borough Merton (SW London), London Borough Camden and surrounding areas. For local details and referrals please go to Contact Us section.
A community without violence against women, young people and children where all are able to overcome life’s difficulties without self harming and are able to achieve their potential.
To be a beacon of inspiration and to make social change happen by developing innovative services that work and to share best practice locally, nationally and internationally.
For latest news on what we are up to, projects and activities join us on Facebook & Twitter @thewishcentre