The WISH Centre is a London based charity that prevents self harm, abuse and exploitation of children and young people. We are a community based trauma recovery and early intervention model, and we provide long term open ended therapy, peer support groups and outreach and digital services. We work in schools and from our Centre in Wealdstone.
The WISH Centre is a free service for young people ages 10-25 years.
The WISH Centre started in the London Borough of Harrow, NW London in 2004 in response to a lack of effective targeted interventions for young people who self harm. From the outset we have been led by and learn from young people who use and shape our services. In 2016 we opened a centre in Merton SW London to undertake a two year pilot programme to replicate and test out our services and outcomes. We were evaluated by the Centre for Mental Health who confirm our 81% self harm recovery rates and recommend that our Peer Support Group Model is commissioned throughout the UK.
Please see the Executive Summary and recommendations here
More about WISH:
• Recommended as a Model of Best Practice by the National Inquiry into Self Harm 2006
• Registered charity (no. 1125263) and company limited by guarantee
• Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
• All practitioners are fully qualified, accredited and DBS checked.
• All services are completely confidential (we work within BACP guidelines to maintain appropriate confidentiality)
If you are a young person who would like to volunteer, raise funds for us or are involved in a school citizenship scheme please also get in touch. Tel: 020 8416 7277 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For latest news on what we are up to, projects and activities join us on Facebook & Twitter @thewishcentre