The WISH Centre is a London based charity that prevents self harm, abuse and exploitation of young people. We are a community based model that provides therapy and counselling in schools and at our Centre, plus peer support groups, out of hours help, and advice and training. The WISH Centre is a free service for young people ages 10-25 years.
The WISH Centre started in the London Borough of Harrow, NW London in 2004. In 2016 we opened a centre in Merton SW London and are providing services in Camden Central London. We have been evaluated by the Centre for Mental Health who confirm our 81% self harm recovery rates and recommend that our Peer Support Group Model is commissioned throughout the UK.
More about WISH:
• Recommended as a Model of Best Practice by the National Inquiry into Self Harm 2006
• Registered charity (no. 1125263) and company limited by guarantee
• Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
• All practitioners are fully qualified and DBS checked.
• All services are completely confidential (we work within BACP guidelines to maintain appropriate confidentiality)
If you are a young person who would like to volunteer, raise funds for us or are involved in a school citizenship scheme please also get in touch. Tel: 020 8416 7277 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For latest news on what we are up to, projects and activities join us on Facebook & Twitter @thewishcentre