We rely on donations to fund our work to improve the quality of help for young people who self harm. Nothing we do is possible without the generosity and support of people like you.
Do your own local fundraising
The wïsh centre changes lives, but we can’t do it without the support of people like you.
Whether it’s a bucket collection in a shopping centre, a sponsored head shave at school or a black-tie gala event, your support makes our work possible. Get started today and help fund our life-changing work.
Whether you are organising a cake sale or a quiz, register your fundraising using our form
Setting up a fundraising page online is the most effective way to promote your fundraising and get people to sponsor you.
- It’s social: you can let people know you’re fundraising by setting up your own page and sharing it with everyone you know using social media
- It’s quick: setting up your page only takes 10 minutes
- It’s easy: you can contact all your supporters, wherever they are, easily and quickly to keep them informed of how you’re getting on and thank them for their support
- It’s safe and secure: you don’t have to handle money yourself, the funds are stored securely and everything you raise comes straight to the wïsh centre
- It’s efficient: your fundraising total will be added up for you, and you can add your offline fundraising in too so it won’t be lost!
- It increases your fundraising income: it makes it easy for your supporters to Gift Aid their donations
How do I do it?
You can set up a fundraising page or event linked to the wïsh centre page on Virgin Money Giving here.
Next create your page. Make sure you add on a fun picture and your fundraising story to encourage people to donate.
Then let us know about your page. Fill in our fundraising form to let us know what you’re doing and the link to your page.
Last but not least, share share share! Let everyone know about your fundraising page on social media, by emailing work colleagues and friends and don’t forget to put it on your advertising materials if you’re organising an event.
Making the most of your page
- Think about when you share your online fundraising page on social media – are your friends more likely to donate around payday?
- Think about thanking donors on your Facebook and Twitter, it keeps your page fresh in people’s minds and encourages more donations
- Encourage your closest family and friends who might be more generous to donate first, it’ll set a precedent for your other donations!
Facebook – please nominate the wïsh centre as your Birthday Fundraiser on Facebook. It’s easy to do and helps raise much needed funds whilst promoting the work of the charity!
Paying Money In
If you’ve set up an online fundraising page on Virgin Money Giving, we’ll receive the money you raise automatically.
Otherwise please send your money to us within 30 days of the event or activity you are engaged in.
Pay in by phone
Call us on 020 84167277 during office hours to make a card payment to the wïsh centre. Have your supporter reference number handy if you have one!
Pay by cheque
Alternatively send us a cheque made payable to ‘The Wish Centre’ to the address below:
The wïsh centre
Unit A4, Livingstone Court
55 Peel Road
Paying directly into our Bank Account
Please contact us on 020 84167277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss with a member of the Finance team as you will need a Supporter Reference number to enable us to identify your donation when it reaches our bank account. Please inform us of your contact details so that we can check our records and set you up if necessary.
Thank you for your support!